clapping trees

oil on canvas
60" x 48"
"You will live in joy and peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!"
Isaiah 55:12

I should name this painting "clapping trees transformed" because it looked like this a few months ago until it begged to be changed. But the painting did not posses the power to transform itself. The artist was the only one who could do the changing. I knew it could be more than it was so I recreated it into a new and better image. I tell you this story to illustrate a point about my faith. It is wrong thinking to believe we have to change in order to be a Christian. It is actually just the opposite. Christ, the creator God, is the one who transforms us.....until we look so much like Him that there is an unmistakable family likeness.
"Do not fear change, for I am making you a new creation,
with old things passing away and new things continually on the horizon."
2 Corinthians 5:17

For information on my next show click here.

Comments

Popular Posts